Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How I know I'm alive

This morning was my idea of a perfect sky.
The clouds covered the sky in grey, but it's not the ominous grey which foretells of rain, it's the calm grey that says, "just sleep". Then the wind blows some of the clouds away and you can see that Colorado blue sky peeking through. And it is quiet, with the distant roar of civilization buzzing in the background, but the most prominent sound is that of the doves and the crows and the stellar jays cooing to the rising sun. The humming birds sit and take long drinks because everything is still, and the morning dew is like a blanket of safety for their delicate existence. Every animal sits with quiet reverence looking towards this morning masterpiece in awe. They know their maker. The morning was like something from my imagination. It was what I suppose Neverland or heaven is like. It only gets better. The clouds have cleared, the the sun warms the earth. The flowers greet God with beautiful delicacy and wonder; the trees straighten their spines and stand in their proper place, as guardians of the forest. The earth is alive with God's majesty, and I get to witness it.


I so often forget how incredible life is. I don't need anything to be added or taken away from it for it to be anything short of inspiring and every bit as lovely as God intended. Life is amazing. I am so blessed to be able to breathe in God's majesty. How much more amazing will it be to stand in His presence one day. 


Those are my thoughts today. Enjoy life. Breathe in deep. Laugh and don't forget who we live for.


Love,
Helena

2 comments:

  1. You're such a great writer, Laney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also! I just awarded your blog: http://charityrocks1.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-have-liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete