Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Short Grammar Lesson

Dear readers,
Answering my own loose ends from the last post, the pocket watch and I are 'official', I finished my junior year of high school, my sister is home for the summer, and I have something I am itching to write about today.


So, yesterday I went to a graduation party for a friend of the family, and his younger brother is my age. Their family is the first we met when we moved here. I liked him (the younger brother) for 4 years (4th-8th grade), and we played together for the majority of our childhoods. Anyhow, I saw him yesterday and he's still as awesome as ever. 


We got on to the topic of an old boy friend because oddly enough, his girlfriend messaged me on facebook and I found it quite surprising. He went on to tell me that my old boyfriend was recently admitted to a mental facility. He is still dealing with the issues he had when we were together. Then, also to my astonishment, my heart went out to him. I suspect it is mostly due to my own experiences at a mental hospital, but also that I prayed for a long time that he would find help. I am really glad that he is finally getting help. If I know one thing about mental issues, it is that you can't make them go away on your own. I guess I just wanted to write about it because it made me realize that, while he is far-removed from my life, and I've moved on, I still care a little bit. I'm really glad that he has a girl friend now. Having people be close and love on you in a time like this is so important, and she seems like a sweet person. Ok...I think that's all I'm going to write about today. Hopefully, I will get a chance to write more this summer. Until then,
I before E, except after C,
Helena Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment