Monday, January 31, 2011

Lay your sorrows on the ground

Alright, so I'll start with Friday evening. That night I met a new guy Triston Tully, who, is so dedicated to God it's evident upon looking at him. I mean, I walked up and put out my hand for a handshake when, before I could say "my name is Helena", I was enveloped in a hug as this 6'4" teddy bear said, "oh, there are no handshakes here!!". The coolest part about this guy is that, even though I'm sure he could have any girl he wanted, he never wants to get married so he can live his life fully dedicated to God. I really admire that. :) And, I have new friend, who I met the week before, and her lovely name- Kailey. I just love that way of spelling Kailey. Lets count the ways we could spell it!!! Kailey, Kailee, Kaylee, Kayleigh, Kalee, Kaleigh...I'm sure there are many more.

Anyways, this girl...wow. What an incredible story she has, and so much wisdom!! One of the things that she said that really really hit me, and I hope it does you too, is that, it's not our job to look for our husband. She explained it like this: We are always running around dating people going, 'is this my husband?? what about him??? is it him??' when, really, God has the right person picked out, and when he wants to bring him into our life, he will. And, we may push that right guy away time and time again, but if it's the right person, God will keep bringing them back to us.

And besides being wise and beautiful, she is just one of the easiest people to like you have ever met. What a joy. Then (according to Triston, and since him and Kailey live so close to me) we are gonna go door to door and pray for people. :) If anyone wants to come with, lemme know!!

Now, besides the miracle of having these two new people in my life, God had a lot more planned for the weekend. As the first night of worship wore on, I felt I needed to pray/journal. So, I did just that. I prayed that God would fill me with his spirit and that I wouldn't be of myself any longer, that I wouldn't be me anymore...I would be of him. Alright, now this is where it gets intense and awesome. I didn't even think about how that spot in me for the Kettle was still hurting, and when I was worshiping the next morning....it was gone. Just gone. When I think about him, or think about how nice it was to be with him...it doesn't even strike a chord in me. God is so good.

The other thing (and there are so many more things that happened, I just don't feel like writing about them.) is that God told me I'm gonna be a warrior for him. Sara (my adopted-but-not-really-sister) told me I already am, but I guess feeling that I'm going to be a warrior, to me, I thought this meant that I was going to fight for my brothers and sisters in Christ. I don't know yet.

Alright, well, then the weekend came to a close and it was lovely and amazing and I am forever changed. I will never go back to the way I was before. I am devoted to living and being a reflection of Jesus Christ.

I'm going to make a different post for today's news.

LOVEEEEEEE,
Hethena

No comments:

Post a Comment